Be inspired by these birthday card message ideas
Be inspired by these birthday card message ideas
If you’d like to send birthday wishes to someone special, but don’t want to settle for a birthday card’s generic verse, we’ve put together some of our favourite birthday quotes for you to use instead.
Silly and funny, or sweet and sentimental, whatever type of birthday message you want to send, we can help. It’s a great way to make your birthday card more personal and memorable. And if you’re yet to actually buy the birthday card, don’t worry – we have lots of those which you can personalise too!
Funny birthday card quotes
A funny birthday card needs a funny birthday quote inside. So here are five of our favourites:
- Congratulations on entering the time of your life where people will no longer judge you for wanting plastic surgery!
- Don’t worry about getting old, it just means you can get the best seat on the bus!
- They say that with age comes wisdom. Lucky for you, you’re missing one of the main signs of aging!
Sentimental birthday messages
Sometimes, writing down how you feel about someone is easier than saying it out loud. So why not take the opportunity to write some lovely words in a cute birthday card?
- Every year I will wish you the same: a lifetime of happiness! Happy Birthday!
- I just realised, we’re fast becoming OLD friends and I wouldn’t want it any other way!
- In case I don’t tell you enough, you’re amazing and I love you. Happy Birthday!
16th birthday card quotes
Ah sweet sixteen. This is their first big age birthday and your chance to impart some wise (ish) words in their special 16th birthday card.
- You know what’s great about turning 16? More independence and still no responsibility – enjoy!
- Don’t grow up too fast! Being a big kid will always be more fun than being an adult.
- Be safe, have fun, take pictures and enjoy everything there is to experience at 16.
18th birthday wishes
It’s the big birthday they’ve been waiting for. They can finally do everything they were once too young to do, so encourage them to make the most of it with a little message in their 18th birthday card.
- Have a great time making everyone else feel jealous of your age!
- Some things in life are worth waiting for, like all the things you can do now that you're 18.
- Happy 18th Birthday! This will be one of the best years of your life so make the most of it!
21st birthday card quotes
What a great age! Some say it’s all down hill from here. Maybe don’t write that in their 21st birthday card though. Stick to something like this…
- I can remember my 21st birthday party! Oh wait, no I can’t and neither should you!
- The last 21 years went by so fast. I hope the next 21 are just as incredible as the first. Happy Birthday – enjoy every moment.
- Many think 21 is the perfect age: lots of fun, hardly any responsibility. I wish I was 21. Happy Birthday!
30th birthday card messages
Saying goodbye to your 20s isn’t easy. Approach their 30th birthday card message as a chance to look forward to the future…
- 30 never looked so great! Happy Birthday!
- I can’t believe it took you 30 years to start acting like a grown up. Well, better late than never!
- Don’t spend your day thinking about how you’ll never be 20-something ever again. Spend your day thinking how you still have another 10 years until you’re 40.
40th birthday wishes
Fab at 40, that’s what they are. So you need a great 40th birthday card and a lovely message written inside to help them feel it.
- Happy 40th Birthday! (Could you stop being so fabulous, you’re making the rest of us look bad)
- Some people are like a fine wine - they get better with age. Well, you’ve always been a bit of a wino! Happy 40th Birthday!
- The best bit about turning 40 is being able to blame everything on a midlife crisis. Here’s do a whole year of getting away with anything!
50th birthday card quotes
One thing you probably shouldn’t refer to in a 50th birthday card message is the fact that they’ve been alive for half a century. You might be impressed, but we doubt they will be…
- You make turning 50 look so good! I hope I age as gracefully as you – happy birthday!
- It’s hard to believe, say it isn’t so! You look too good to be the big 5-0!
- Happy 50th Birthday! You’re half way to receiving a telegram from the Queen!
60th birthday card messages
A 60th birthday is an amazing milestone. If they’re an inspiration to you, let them know with kind words in their birthday card. Alternatively, use their 60th birthday card message to have a little fun…
- 20 may mean a beautiful body, but 60 means a beautiful mind. Happy 60th Birthday!
- Congratulations on turning 60. You finally have a great excuse to wear anything you want and do whatever you like.
- My 60th birthday tip for you: start telling people you’re 70 now and they’ll always be amazed at how good you look for your age.