Original Newspaper From 1960 (Diamond Wedding Anniversary)
A genuine authentic newspaper from any date in 1960
Personalised & Dispatched Within 5-7 Working Days
There's no better way to own a piece of history than with a newspaper from the actual date it was printed! Our Original Newspaper from 1960 is a unique and personal gift that's guaranteed to make their diamond wedding anniversary extra special. Choose one of our gift box options that includes a personalised Certificate of Authenticity, with the recipient's names and a message of your choice. There are no cheap photocopies or reproductions, only the real thing taken straight from the archives complete with the distinctive smell and unmistakable feel of an old newspaper.
- Available in a standard gift box, a luxury edition gift box or a keepsake case
- Collates a variety of newspaper clippings from the date of your choice
- No photocopies or reproductions, this is the real thing!
- Personalise the certificate with a name in up to 30 characters, an occasion in up to 40 characters and a personal message in up to 70 characters to appear over two lines.
- We will personalise the certificate exactly how it is entered so please ensure all spelling and punctuation is correct.
Choosing Your Newspaper Date:
- Simply select the date you wish to appear from the calendar icon.
- Please be aware that on dates when there was a general strike, one day strike or office strike, many newspapers were not printed and we are unable to source the majority of newspapers for these dates.
We are unable to source The Times newspaper for the following dates:
- 1926 - 5th April to 13th May (the General Strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1955 - 23rd March to 20th April (general strike; no newspapers available for this date range)
- 1971 - 19th to 23rd September (general strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1972 - 23rd to 27th July (general strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1975 - 14th November (one day strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1977 - 4th to 10th March (The Times on strike)
- 1978 - 17th March (The Times on strike)
- 1978 - 24th March (The Times on strike)
- 1978 - 27th to 31st March (The Times on strike)
- 1978/79 - 1st December 1978 to 13th November 1979 (The Times on strike)
- 1983 - 26th November (The Times, The Telegraph and The Guardian on strike)
- 1983 - 28th to 29th November (The Times on strike)
A number of newspaper groups do not print on Good Friday or Christmas Day.
Some dates on which special events took place may also incur additional charges (this is because they are much rarer newspapers than other dates), but our team will contact you prior to dispatch to confirm you wish to proceed with the additional cost.
Gift Box Options:
- We have a choice of presentation boxes to help complete your gift. Our red Standard Gift Box comes printed with 'A Day to Remember' in elegant silver foil. The newspaper itself is delicately wrapped in tissue and carefully packed with the Certificate of Authenticity.
- The dark green Premium Gift Box is silver embossed with 'A Day to Remember...' on the front cover and is almost twice the size of our standard gift box.
You May Also Like