Weddings are a time for family and friends to get together, eat cake and be merry, right? And while everyone may have a similar taste when it comes to the wedding cake, the same can’t be said for the wedding playlist! With an eclectic range of guests comes a diverse taste in music. From your dear old great aunt to your godson, it’s nice to have something that will get their foot tapping, or even better, on the dancefloor! The key to a bustling dancefloor is all about variety! We asked around the office for songs we’d want to hear at a wedding reception and created our own wedding playlist that (we hope!) will be music to your ears…
1. Bob Marley – 'Could You Be Loved'
A nice chilled and romantic opening number - especially if people are feeling a bit full after the meal!
2. Deep Blue Something – 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'
A guaranteed crowd pleaser to break the ice and start the night with!
3. Toploader – 'Dancing In The Moonlight'
Warm up their vocal chords and get foots tapping!
4. Bruno Mars – 'Marry You'
Naturally you'll have a bit of a marriage theme going on...
5. Of Monsters & Men – 'Little Talks'
One for the feel-good factor!
6. Justin Timberlake – 'Senorita'
And one for the ladies!
7. Tina Turner – 'Proud Mary'
The dance routine and head shaking is mandatory!
8. Earth, Wind & Fire – 'September'
We think this will be popular with every age group!
9. Ja Rule – 'Livin' It Up'
A 00s classic we think will be a hit all round!
10. R. Kelly – 'Ignition (Remix)'
An RnB classic that will raise the roof!
11. Beyoncé – 'Crazy In Love'
The love theme continues – this time with sass!
12. Billy Ocean – 'Love Really Hurts Without You'
It's time to get your great aunt up!
13. Rudimental ft. John Newman – 'Feel The Love'
Cue the air trumpets...
14. Lionel Ritchie – 'All Night Long'
Another guaranteed floor filler!
15. Toto – 'Africa'
A great 80s classic. We anticipate some bad singing to accompany it!
16. Beyoncé – 'Single Ladies'
Great for when it's time to throw the bouquet!
17. The Rolling Stones – 'I Can’t Get No (Satisfaction)'
Air guitars at the ready...
18. James Brown – 'Get Up Offa That Thing'
Time to get funky!
19. The Jam – 'A Town Called Malice'
Take them back to the 80s and relive their Mod days!
20. The Cure – 'Friday I'm In Love'
One for the rock fans!
21. Hall & Oates – 'You Make My Dreams Come True'
This calls for another choreographed routine, inspired by 500 Days Of Summer.
22. NeYo ft. Pitbull – 'Give Me Everything'
One for your godson (if he’s not already up grooving!)
23. Estelle ft. Kanye West – 'American Boy'
Pair up, it's time to duet!
24. The Contours – 'Do You Love Me?'
25. The Jackson 5 – 'I Want You Back'
An all –rounder that’s sure to get everyone up on their feet!
26. Lou Bega – 'Mambo No.5'
We hope you’ve got some Sandra's and Monica's in the family...
27. The Black Eyed Peas – 'I Gotta Feelin'
Singing along is a must!
28. Oasis – 'Wonderwall'
Time to stand arm in arm and sway!
29. Take That – 'Never Forget'
We hope they won't!
30. Frank Sinatra – 'New York, New York'
Legs will be a-kicking!