Vintage Bordeaux Wine & Original Newspaper
A luxurious red wine and newspaper gift set, perfect for any occasion...
Despatched Within 4 Working Days
- Select a date for your authentic vintage newspaper
- Presented in a luxury gift box with certificate of authenticity
- Our wine is deeply coloured with a complex bouquet and rich, long finish
- Includes personal gift card
Our Bordeaux Wine & Original Newspaper gift is ideal for someone who loves vintage news! You can choose a special date, whether that's a birthday, an anniversary or a date that holds treasured memories, from 1920 to modern day. All papers sent will be a genuine original & complete newspaper (not a copy) from the date you select. Each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and includes a bottle of classic Bordeaux wine. It's presented in a luxury gift box and comes with a gift card, which you can personalise with the name of the recipient and a personal message. It's a great gift whatever the occasion!
About The Wine:
This special 'cuvee', produced only in years with highly favourable weather conditions, is made from grapes harvested in the oldest part of the vineyard, where the vines are on average 60 years old; these old vines only produce very low yields of highly flavoured garpes. A long maceration followed by 18months in only new oak barriques results in a classic old-fashioned claret. Deeply coloured with a complex bouquet and rich, long finish.
- Personalise the gift card with a message in up to 200 characters.
- Your personalisation will be printed exactly as entered so please double-check before adding to your basket.
Choosing Your Newspaper Date:
- Please be aware that on dates when there was a general strike, one day strike or office strike, many newspapers were not printed and we are unable to source the majority of newspapers for these dates.
We are unable to source the majority of newspapers for the following dates:
- 1926 - 5th April to 13th May (the General Strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1955 - 23rd March to 20th April (general strike; no newspapers available for this date range)
- 1971 - 19th to 23rd September (general strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1972 - 23rd to 27th July (general strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1975 - 14th November (one day strike; no newspapers printed)
- 1977 - 4th to 10th March (The Times on strike)
- 1978 - 17th March (The Times on strike)
- 1978 - 24th March (The Times on strike)
- 1978 - 27th to 31st March (The Times on strike)
- 1978/79 - 1st December 1978 to 13th November 1979 (The Times on strike)
- 1983 - 26th November (The Times, The Telegraph and The Guardian on strike)
- 1983 - 28th to 29th November (The Times on strike)
- that a number of newspaper groups do not print on Good Friday or Christmas Day.
You May Also Like